Travertine Pool Pavers
One important element to consider, especially for any pool refurbishing, remodeling, renovation, or repair project is the use of Travertine Pool Pavers as part of your pool deck design. At Aquavida Pools, we regularly recommend travertine Pool Pavers due to their durability, look, feel, and most importantly, how well they handle the heat here in our Valley of the Sun – Phoenix, Arizona. We’ve all burned our feet on hot pool decking and with Travertine Pool Pavers, their porousness doesn’t absorb nearly as much of the Arizona heat as other surfaces, but still remains easy on the feet.
Facts About Travertine Pavers:
- Travertine Pavers are a natural rock, much like limestone or marble
- The Coliseum in Rome is made up, for the most part, of travertine
- Used for flooring, wall tiling, and countertops in homes and businesses throughout the world
- Multiple colors are available
- Different surface textures are available based on how the travertine is honed and tumbled
- Some travertine has the cavities (pores) filled with grout for a completely smooth surface
- There are three grades of travertine which are based on the size of the rock, number of cavities (pores), and uniformity of color
- The price of travertine is based on its grade
One of the other great things about Travertine Pool Pavers is the safety factor as travertine is not as slippery as other commonly used surfaces. This is mainly due to how travertine absorbs water so there is less pooling (and opportunities for big and little feet alike to slip) than with concrete pavers or acrylic decking. Travertine Pool Pavers are also relatively easy to replace if one becomes damaged or cracked. Because of the durability of the pavers and how well the colors hold up, even under the Phoenix sun, Aquavida Pools is regularly able to match replacement Travertine Pool Pavers to existing ones.
Please don’t hesitate to let us know of any questions you may have. The Aquavida Pools team is here to help.