As a pool owner, you have options and with an acrylic pool deck, you definitely have your fair share of options when it comes to colors, textures, and the bang for your proverbial buck is excellent. When properly installed, acrylic pool decks are very durable, as well. Unfortunately, many pool contractors do not allow the cement foundation for acrylic decks to cure properly, which greatly reduces the lifespan of the acrylic coating, especially if a unique texture is applied to the deck.
At Aquavida Pools, we know our clients and customers appreciate a pool remodeling or deck repair project that is installed and completed properly the first time, so we will walk you through every step of the process with realistic expectations given during each phase.
Facts About Acrylic Pool Decking:
- A variety of colors and textures are available to match nearly any pool deck project and vision
- Can be made to look like Saltillo tile, brick, and flagstone (among others)
- When properly finished, it’s easy to clean and stain resistant
- Properly installed acrylic pool decks will need to be recolored and refinished every 6-8 years in Arizona
Here's How It Works:
- We will strip away any old decking to be repaired or replaced
- After all old or damaged material is removed, we do a chemical wash and then pressure wash on the concrete
- We will cover/mask all surrounding areas of the pool not receiving the acrylic coating
- Once the prep work is completed, an acrylic primer coat is applied to the concrete
- After the primer coat is applied, the first coat of acrylic aggregate coating is applied to all surface receiving acrylic decking
- After the initial clear coat is troweled on, texturing can begin
- When texturing is complete, a clear sealer or pigmented color sealer will be applied, thoroughly covering all acrylic pool decking areas